1. Preparatory Session for Parents & Godparent(s) only:
11:30am, Rm 12, 2nd Saturday of the month
2. Rite of Baptism:
11:30am, Chapel, 3rd Saturday of the month
*Please register with the Secretariat 2 weeks prior to baptism.
*Minimum of 3 infants/children for Rite of Baptism to take place.
*Parents will be contacted by parish office when rite is confirmed to take place.
1. Completed application form from parish office
2. Birth certificate of the infant/child to be baptized*
3. Catholic marriage certificate of child’s parents* (If unable to present certificate, please make an appointment with the Priest)
4. Godparent(s)’s Catholic Confirmation certificates*
(*These documents must be made available in photocopy by the closing date. Otherwise, application will be moved to the following month.)
5. Godparent(s) Requirements
One Godparent/sponsor, male or female, is sufficient. There may be two (Godparents), one of each sex (Canon 873).
6. The parents and Godparent(s)/sponsors, must be instructed on the meaning of the sacrament and its obligations (Canon 851.2).
They must prepare via preparatory session(s) (whether by priest or laity), pastoral advice and common prayer. Families might be brought together for this purpose and, where possible, each family visited.
7. Parents, godparents and Priest are to take care that a name is not given which is foreign to Christian sentiment (Canon 855).